Beef Chilly Stir Fry.
A very popular Beef chilly stir-fry. This is one of the various ways to prepare this dish. In this recipe beef is cut in long strips, marinated with spices and sautéed, then cooked with vegetables.
There are many ways to make beef chilly fry. This time I have made it with very simple and easy to follow steps.
You can substitute beef with chicken, mutton or even prawns. I have used minimal vegetables that complement the beef.
To make a healthier dish , you can add more veggies, use less oil, like I did because the meat naturally releases its own juices and can be fried in its own fat.
It is worth using good quality lean beef as it reduces the cooking time. There are certain cuts of beef which get very tough when frying. So buy some good meat.
Beef Chilly Stir Fry – Video
How to make Beef Chilly Stir fry (Written recipe )
Beef Chilly Stir Fry
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cutting board
- Chopping Knife
- 1/2 Kg Beef (sliced )
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 20 ml Lime juice
- 1 Cup Potato julienne
- 1 Cup Onion (chopped )
- 1/2 Cup Tomato julienne
- 1 Cup Bell pepper julienne
- 1/4 Cup Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3 Nos Green chillies (slitted)
- Salt - As per taste
- Season beef strips with salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add ginger garlic paste and pepper powder.
- Mix and set it aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of marination, heat cooking oil in a wok and add the marinated beef.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add potato julienne, little salt and mix.
- Again cover and cook for 10 minutes more on a medium heat.
- Add turmeric powder, chopped onions and mix.
- Add tomato julienne,slitted green chillies and bell pepper julienne.
- Mix well and cook until water is completely dried and the meat is nice and tender.
- Just before taking off the heat, add freshly chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Now take off the heat.
- Garnish and serve with bread or rice.
- Use best quality beef to save time on cooking.
- Beef can be substituted with meat of your choice.
- You can add more veggies of your choice.