Forminhas / Veg Canapés Recipe.
There are various versions of making canapés and can one can use different variations of toppings depending on personal liking.
In this recipe I have used only vegetables for toppings, a treat for all the veg lovers out there.This is a very easy & quick party snacks that can impress your guests at a house party.
Canapés Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to Subscribe to my You Tube channel for more recipes like this.
2 cups (250 gms) – All purpose flour (Maida)
1 cup (125 gms) – Carrots (finely chopped)
1 cup (150 gms) – Potatoes (finely chopped)
1 cup (150 gms) – French beans (finely chopped)
1/4 tbsp – Black pepper powder
4 tbsp – Clarified butter (Ghee)
Cooking Oil for deep frying
Water as required to make dough
Salt as per taste
Step by step written Forminhas / Canapés Recipe
For Tart Shells:
1. To make a dough take 2 cups of All purpose flour (Maida) in a large mixing bowl, add half tsp salt, 3 tbsp melted clarified butter (Ghee) Mix well so flour holds together when you try to make a ball out of it before adding water into the flour.(Just as shown in the video)
2. Add Luke warm water to the flour in batches & mix it with the help of a spatula to form a dough.
3. Now add 1 tbsp melted clarified butter (Ghee) on to the dough and knead it to make a soft and supple dough.
4. After kneading, set the dough aside for around 15 minutes.
5. To make Forminhas / Canapés, take a medium size dough ball and roll out into a fine sheet.
6. Now cut the rolled fine sheet into a medium round shape with the help of a round mould.
7. With the help of a brush apply water on top of the cut round shape and place it inside the tart mould, the water applied side should face down, press gently so it’s properly intact and doesn’t come off before deep frying.
8. Cut off the excess dough from all the sides and slightly prick it with a fork and set it aside and continue with the remaining dough.
9. To deep fry, take a desired quantity of cooking oil in a pan, make it hot, the temperature of the oil should be between 350 and 375 degree Fahrenheit.
10. Once the oil is hot enough, transfer the prepared tart shells to deep fry, remove the canapés out on a kitchen towel once they are golden brown in colour. (Just as shown in the picture below)
1. Boil water in a pan, add salt as per taste, 1 cup finely chopped carrots, 1 cup finely chopped potatoes and 1 cup french beans and cook it for around 3 to 4 minutes on a high flame. The veggies should not be overcooked.
2. Once the veggies are cooked , drain the water and keep it aside to cool.
3. After it’s cool enough add 1/4 tbsp of black pepper powder, 3 tbsp mayonnaise and mix well.
4. Fill the Forminhas / Canapes with the prepared vegetable filling and serve.
Additional Recipe Notes
If you don’t have a thermometer to check the temperature of the oil, then simply dip a wooden spoon handle. If the oil starts bubbling steadily, means the oil is hot enough to fry, but if the oil vigorously bubbles that means it’s too hot and has to cool off a bit or else the food will burn.
The tarts can be baked as well, if you don’t want to deep fry. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180º c for 20 to 25 minutes.
You can use any filling of your choice.
Click the links below if you are interested in buying any of the equipment!!!
I am an amazon affiliate and any purchases made through this links will earn me a small commission.