Nankhatai Cookies Recipe
Nankhatai are Indian cookies, these are crunchy shortbread biscuits with an aroma of cardamom which will melt in your mouth and you ask for more. Fancy some of these then give it a try guys, I promise you won’t regret.
Nankhatai Recipe – Video
CLICK HERE to Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes like this.
1 & half cup (180 gms) – All purpose flour (Maida)
3/4 cup (100 gms) – Powdered sugar
2 tbsp – Semolina (Rava or Suji)
Half cup – Clarified butter (Ghee)
1/4 tsp – Cardamom powder (Elaichi powder)
1. Take clarified butter (ghee) in a large bowl and whisk until it’s light in colour.
2. Then add powdered sugar in two batches and whisk until stiff peaks form.
3. Add all purpose flour in small batches and mix well with the help of spatula.
4. Once you finish mixing the entire flour, add cardamom powder and semolina and mix it to incorporate well.
5. Now knead for few minutes to form a smooth and soft dough.
6. Take small portion of dough and roll into ball like shapes, lightly press in the middle as shown in the video and place them in the baking tray lined with parchment/butter paper.
7. Place the pistachios or any dried nuts of your choice on the top and press lightly.
8. Preheat the oven and bake at 150º c for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown at the bottom.
9. Let them cool completely before serving. They can be stored in a refrigerator for more then a week.
Additional Recipe Notes
You can also use butter instead of clarified butter/ghee
Make sure there are no cracks while rolling the dough into ball shape, if so then knead the dough for some more time and if required more clarified butter/ghee can be added.
There is a possibility of the dough to melt if the temperature is hot as the dough is kneaded with clarified butter/ghee, in this case you can leave it in the refrigerator for few minutes and the start preparing them.